Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Honees Honey Filled Drops

Sometimes candy can be therapeutic. Honey is supposed to have cough suppressing qualities. Honey candies are a great, compact and less-sticky way to serve up honey.

Ambrosolio Candies Honees

I’ve picked up these Honees made by Ambrosolio Candies of Italy a couple of times in the past year. The first time I found them at Mel & Rose Wine & Liquors, which they were $1.25 ... not bad as far as I was concerned. But then I went to downtown Los Angeles last weekend to a place called Jack’s Wholesale Candy & Toy (photos) and found a box of $24 for only $12.99 ... that’s about 54 cents a package. I bought the whole box (and they said that when their current inventory was gone, the price was going up to $14). They were far cheaper than the lovely French Boules de Miel I got last year at a gourmet store.

The candies are simple. It’s a honey flavored hard candy with a gooey honey center. They come in this simple foil package of nine candies. Each rectangular rod is about one inch long with rounded sides. It fits in the mouth easily, it’s about the same mass as a Starlight Mint (5 grams).

They’re sweet but not cloying or throat searing, it’s more soothing. The honey notes are a little malty, soapy and floral and sometimes I get a little whiff of lemon or eucalyptus. I found that sometimes I could let the candy dissolve and reach the honey center but most of the time I bit them and sucked out the honey or chewed them up.

They’re all natural and only have three ingredients: sugar, corn syrup and honey. (But the honey keeps them from being vegan.)

They’re less like cough drops and more like candy. I can’t say that they calmed my cough that much (but it’s just allergies at the moment, not a cold). They also come in a menthol version and a milk & honey version.

Related Candies

  1. Gimbal’s Honey Lovers
  2. Jelly Belly Honey Beans
  3. Boules de Miel (balls of honey)
  4. Melville Candy Company Honey Spoons

POSTED BY Cybele AT 2:43 pm Tracker Pixel for Entry     All NaturalCandyReviewHard Candy & Lollipops8-TastyItaly

  1. THANK YOU!!!! for sharing your find of Jack’s Wholesale, I can’t wait to check it out.

    Comment by Liz on 10/26/10 at 3:49 pm #
  2. I used to buy these in high school as a milder but better-tasting version of cough drops when I was sick.  There’s a milk and honey version as well; the center of those is honey with a milkiness to it, although I don’t remember what else is in there to give it that quality.

    It’s probably been ten years or so since I’ve had these, but I’m glad to see they’re still around.  I should keep my eyes open for them.

    Comment by Mo on 10/26/10 at 4:33 pm #
  3. I used to eat these when I was a kid (35+ years ago) and found them again about 5 years ago. I could eat packs and packs of these a day - and possibly have….thankfully I’ve had trouble finding them for about a year (though they are on Amazon…I’m just not going to click…). I’ve never had the other flavors - just the original. LOVE THEM!

    Comment by PlumpNotFat on 11/07/10 at 6:02 pm #
  4. Dear Sir/Madam,
    There is an ongoing offer for the supply of your products to the government of Ghana under the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) contract procurement board and in a large quantity. I am an agent and my interest for every business I do is my commission and as a commission agent, I will try to make sure I do everything possible to make sure the supply contract is award to your company. My commission should come to me as soon as you receive your sale value from the organization and this commission is usually 2% of the total invoice value. Meanwhile it may interest you to know that the organization makes advance payment of 80% by t/t and the remaining 20% to be paid by t/t before the shipment/supply, all payments to be confirmed by your bank.
    Hoping to hear from you
    North Industrial Area
    P. O. Box AN 12212

    Comment by monday chris on 5/27/16 at 3:54 pm #
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

Next entry: Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups

Previous entry: Nestle Butterfinger Pumpkin
















  • .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
  • Here are some frequently asked questions emailed to me you might want to read first.


    For a daily update of Candy Blog reviews, enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner






Meticulously photographed and documented reviews of candy from around the world. And the occasional other sweet adventures. Open your mouth, expand your mind.





Facebook IconTwitter IconTumblr IconRSS Feed IconEmail Icon


Candy Season Ends

-714 days

Read previous coverage



Which seasonal candy selection do you prefer?

Choose one or more:

  •   Halloween
  •   Christmas
  •   Valentine's Day
  •   Easter




These candies will be reviewed shortly: