forgot password?

European (mainly UK) candy bars in Phildadelphia area?
Posted: 02 August 2008 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-07-02

This might be kind of general as far as a Candy Spotting request, but I’m wondering if anyone in the Philadelphia, PA area (or the surrounding states: NJ, DE) has any leads on where to buy European chocolate bars locally.. in store. I’m looking for popular UK candy bars (Cadbury, Nestle, etc.), but would also be interested in popular (not really gourmet) candy bars from the rest of Europe, too. Apparently, Pennsylvania is pretty much the only state that doesn’t have a World Market or Cost Plus (if I got those names right). I have found a few bars here and there at local grocery stores (namely, Superfresh and Genuardi’s, a division of Safeway), but I’m hoping to find a more dedicated supplier. We also have a Whole Foods, but I don’t think I’m going to find what I’m looking for there.

Thanks for any input!

Posted: 03 August 2008 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-08-03

I know of two places in the Philly area, Both are in the Havertown/Upper Darby area in Deleware county, One is the Sunoco gas station on West Chester Pike, its next to a huge car wash. They have a full selection of Cadbury products from the UK, along with loads of other UK imported items such as crisps drinks ect. Next place is called the Irish Coffee house on 8443 W Chester Pike. Havertown. They have all the uk candies, chocolates, crisps, drinks even canned items, all from the UK, they also do a really good English breakfast, I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes and if I can be of any help Ron