forgot password?

Mary Janes
Posted: 30 July 2008 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-07-02

I love Mary Janes (They are molassas taffy with paenut butter filling) usually they can only be found around here (Riverside Ca) at halloween time in black and ornage wrappers. Last year I could not find them at all I even called a few stores where they are usually stocked but there where none . If anyone knows where they are sold regularly I would be so happy my grandma likes them too I usually get both of us a bag every year

Posted: 30 July 2008 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

I saw them at Rite Aid starting at Back to School time in mid-August last year ... but they were gone before Halloween.

I think the Peanut Butter Kisses (the round ones with the peanut butter center, kind of like Goetze’s Caramel Creme’s format) are a seasonal item by Necco. You can only get them in the fall, so you’ll have to be quick about it and stock up if you see them.

There might be some taffy companies that make them year round though. I’ll keep my eye out.

They’re a favorite of mine.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 30 July 2008 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-07-02

thanks yeah I found them on the necco web site but you have to buy them in bulk I just can’t bring my self to spend that much on candy

Posted: 14 August 2008 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-08-14

I can probably find you Mary Janes if you’re ever hard up for them, we have them on and off all year around here, you just have to hunt a little for them. We have them in the larger-ish sized bags for Halloween especially. My stepdad likes them a lot, so I keep my eye out for them from time to time. Sometimes it takes going to a couple of stores to find them.

So if you want them in bags and not bulk, give me a shout and i’ll keep an eye out the next time i’m out at the store. I didn’t see any at Wally World this week, but I admittedly was looking more at the chocolate stuff anyway.

Signature 

...The snowman is watching you!

Posted: 23 August 2008 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-08-11

I found some @ my local 99? store the other day, so of course I had to buy a bag.

Along with a bag of Tootsie Pops in Caramel. Pretty yummy!

Posted: 26 August 2008 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-08-14

Hey, Mary Janes are back in stock at my super wal mart here in NH if you need a fix. They have bags of the regular mary janes, in small mini size at 19 oz and bags of the “peanut butter kiss” MJ’s at 25 oz bags, both selling for $1.92 here.

Signature 

...The snowman is watching you!

Posted: 05 September 2008 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-09-05

Hi there, new to the forum but not the site!  Just wanted to give you another option of peanut butter taffy…one of my favorite candies is Peanut Butter Chews, made by Fralinger’s.  Cost Plus used to sell them (and they still might seasonally), and I see them now and then at Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls.  (They have an elephant on the box.)  You can order off the web site, but they’re super expensive.  They are, however, really wonderful.  Molasses taffy filled with peanut butter.  Keep an eye out, and give ‘em a try if you see them!