forgot password?

Doves Raspberry Caramels
Posted: 30 July 2008 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

Don’t be fooled. They are not raspberry caramels in a dark chocolaote shell. Thye are regular caramel in a dark chocolaote raspberry shell. Not really a raspberry caramel as we might believe by the name. But the picture on the package tells the truth. Not really worth their premium stasus. They are just the sugar free raspberry chocolates stuffed with caramel. The caramel is hardly tasteful. You just taste a bit of the buttery flavor as you first bite then it’s gone and the chocolate raspberry flavor lingers forever.
Not worth the extra dollar I’d say either.

Posted: 31 July 2008 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

Thanks for the tip. I’d have been tempted because I do like the combination - of course sounding good and actually being tasty can be miles apart. smile

Posted: 24 January 2009 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-01-23

I didn’t mind these, and I did like them better than the Tiramisu variety of the same line.  I’m with the OP, though, if I see the words “raspberry caramel”, I want there to be raspberries in there somewhere, not just the essence of it.  The caramel was a little bit custardy, but I think I actually preferred that to the typical stringy/chewy variety you get in most grocery store chocolate/caramel combos.  The chocolate was your typical Dove dark chocolate.  Good, but nothing to write home about.

These were certainly better than the Hershey’s Bliss filled with raspberry cream.  Far too fake, far too sweet.  When I say far too sweet, I mean that I’m typically the type of person that may tipple from a bottle of maple syrup if nobody’s looking, and I still found these to be tonsil-crystallizing, teddy-bears-kissing-butterflies sweet.  My 7 year old neighbor adored them, however.  The Dove at least had a nice balance to them.