forgot password?

Cowgirl chocolates
Posted: 21 July 2008 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-07-21

I am from the “old country” so I like a good European chocolate, more cocoa then sugar. I stumbled on Cowgirls chocolates, these are fabulous chocolates truffle bars in yummy flavors, mild and spicy. She also has habanero caramels, very delicious.
Check them out here Cowgirls chocolates.
Anna

Posted: 21 July 2008 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

I tried their habanero caramels and have to say that they are very spicy ... definitely not for the faint hearted. But combine them with a little chocolate to soothe the burn and I’d be all over it.

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/cowgirl_chocolates_caramels/

The truffle bars caught my eye last time I was on the website. I need to place an order, but I’ll have to wait until it’s cooler.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 21 July 2008 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-21

I think they are running some kind of a special on hot weather packaging, or dropping it altogether. You should email them
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or call 888.882.4098.
Anna

Posted: 21 July 2008 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

It’s a cool idea, but I really don’t buy chocolate online no matter the price or deal. The agony of melted chocolate arriving (or it melting in my un-airconditioned house the next day) is just too much.

I’m not afraid to just wait for November.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 22 July 2008 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

They are great gifts for soneone loves hot and spicy and chocolate since they puita cheyeene papper spice in the center for a kick. Never tried one though.

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

Do they list any ingredients on the site? I can’t seem to find anything. I’m tempted to try the Lemonade White Chocolate Bar but it’d be nice to know if it’s got a decent mix - there’s so many crappy white chocolate bars around. The only one I’ve loved so far is the Green & Black’s white.

Posted: 23 July 2008 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

If they don’t just enail them for a list of ingredsients. I’m sure they’d answer your request.

Posted: 24 July 2008 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-21

These ingredients are listed on the paper wrap: white chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, cocoa liquor, lecithin-an emulsifier, natural vanilla), natural lemonade flavor. I love this chocolate because it is not as sweet as your regular chocolate and the simple flavors come through.
Anna

Posted: 24 July 2008 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-02

Thanks Anna! I think I’ll have to treat myself to some next time I buy chocolate. It really does sound good.

Posted: 20 November 2008 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-02

I got a free ship special in off the cowgirl newsletter so I finally tried it out.

I still prefer the plain white bars from Green & Blacks, but the lemon white was interesting. It reminds me of the little lemon tea cookies dusted with powdered sugar. I think I need to find the right companion for the bar because it doesn’t do as much for me on its own as I hoped.