forgot password?

Sunkist Fruit Gems or Gels
Posted: 19 July 2008 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

They use to be a Sunkist product now Jelly Belly took them over. A small package of 10 for 1.79.
These are the best fruit gellies candies you’ll ever eat. They are round, soft, really fruity and each flavor is quiet distinct tasting. They are round, juicy and covered in sugar crystals. They use to be indivdually wrapped before Jelly Belly took over but now thay aren’t. They come in 5-6 different flavors: orange, lemon, lime, watermelon, strawberry, and cherry. I bought a pack yesterday. I use to buy them all the tme but haven’t bought one in years. They were so great. You won’t be sorry for at least trying them.

Posted: 19 July 2008 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

My friend teases me and says they’re old lady candy, but I really like fruit gels. raspberry

Posted: 19 July 2008 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

I’ve enjoyed these before too. It’s been a bit since I’ve had them though. Sounds like a revisit is required! smile

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 02 August 2008 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

Every once in a while I’ll see a package that looks like it’s all citrus and I’ll pick it up.

The grapefruit ones are my absolute favorite. I wish they sold the flavors separately like Jelly Belly. (Believe me, I’ve asked.)

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 02 August 2008 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

Ooo, I’ll have to try. I do love fruit jellies, but most I’ve tried I ended up tasting more of the thickeners than the fruit. Where have you found them?

Posted: 05 June 2009 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-06-05

Grapefruit is definitely the best.

Signature 

grin  LOL  cheese  smile  wink  surprised  cool smile  tongue laugh grin  LOL  cheese  smile

Posted: 27 December 2010 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-07-03

Fruit Gems! Pretty to look at and tasted divine! A favorite candy from my childhood! I remember they were individually wrapped in that crinkly cellophane and I would unwrap them and pop them in my mouth as I watched TV with my mom and nans (grandmother). Sweet memories

Posted: 08 April 2011 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-12-31

Hahaha.. old lady’s candy.

My distinct memory of these is discovering a ton of them in my grandmother’s pantry when I went to visit once and eating them all.