Cereal
Posted: 13 July 2008 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2008-07-11

I am cereal fiend. I could eat it all day everyday

and I pretty much do

I love the kid stuff the most. Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. General Mills makes awesome cereal

and the best part is drinking the sugary milk once all of the cereal is gone.

What are your favorites?

I am easy to please. I’d much rather have a cereal dinner date than to go to some fancy restaurant.

Posted: 13 July 2008 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-07-13

I’m a big cereal fan too.  Now that I’m buying it for myself I tend to eat it whenever the mood strikes.  I’ve even had it for lunch instead of the usual sandwich or salad.  I’m particularly fond of honey nut cheerios, corn pops and cocoa puffs.  I always thought it was so cool that you could eat your cocoa puffs and then have chocolate milk afterwards!

Posted: 14 July 2008 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-07-02

Corn Pops, Golden Grahams and Puffins - YUM!

Posted: 15 July 2008 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-07-02

I too love cereal but here’s the thing: I like to mix two or three types together.  Like Raisin Bran, Life and Crispix or Raisin Bran and Cheerios.  I don’t use a lot of milk, just enough to wet the cereal so there isn’t any milk left at the end to drink.  Also, I like eating cereal as a snack without milk - Honeycomb is particularly good right out of the box.  And finally, hot oatmeal.  Has to be rolled oats, not the instant crap that you make in the microwave.  Cook it til it’s thick enough so a spoon will stand up in it, load it up with butter and sugar and I’m in heaven!

Posted: 15 July 2008 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

I will eat Cap’n Crunch until my mouth bleeds. (So I don’t buy it any longer.)

I also liked Sugar Smacks.

Oddly, I’m a huge fan of Grape Nuts ... I know, not sweet really, but super malty.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 15 July 2008 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-07-12

I grew up on non-sugary cereals like Chex ((rice and corn only…wheat is gross))...I like Kashi’s Strawberry Fields, Special K with strawberries or the one with vanilla and almonds…Basic 4…

I’m basically a college student with the breakfast habits of a 70-year-old…haha…

I will occasionally buy sugary cereal.  The one I find most addictive is Rice Krispie Treats cereal…so amazing and so different from normal Rice Krispie Treats.  Also, Cap’n Crunch and Reese’s Puffs are a favorite.

Posted: 15 July 2008 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

Lately it’s been Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds sprinkled on my yogurt and fruit in the morning, but I could sit and eat a small box of Honey Grahams any time of day… which is why I try not to buy it at all. I’ve no self control. wink

Posted: 16 July 2008 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-07-09

Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms were always my favorites as a kid and, frankly, still are today. My tastes have expanded a bit however and I have become addicted to Strawberry Creme Mini Wheats grin

Posted: 19 July 2008 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

I love the Bare Naked low-sugar cereal. I’m a granola addict, and it has the goodness of granola with less sugar. The berry one has freeze dried fruit, and the almond one has that almond extract/marzipan flavor I love.

I also like Nature’s Path Heritage Flakes. They stay crunchy a long time, and taste great with a little fruit or raisins thrown in. They’re pretty healthy, too.

Since I eat more candy than I probably should, I try to watch my sugar in the rest of my foods.

Posted: 02 August 2008 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-07-02

Have any of you ever been to Cereality? It’s a restaurant that sells nothing but cereal! There’s one in Philadelphia (where I live), but I haven’t managed to get there, yet.

Growing up, Frosted Flakes and Lucky Charms were my favorite cereals. When I was in college, I seemed to revert to some of the sugarier cereals that my Mom wouldn’t buy for me (like Cookie Crisp), but now I prefer granolas and more healthy fare. Preferably with yogurt instead of milk (a little parfait)!

Posted: 13 August 2008 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-13

I walked into a grocery store, grabbed a quart of milk, a box of Lucky Charms, and a plastic spoon from the deli, paid my money and ate the whole thing out of the plastic cereal bag in the parking lot. It really hit the spot. LC are really candy in disguise and should not be eaten for breakfast.

‹‹ A&W;Floats      Not Quite Candy ››