forgot password?

A&W;Floats
Posted: 09 July 2008 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-07-02

(I know this site is for candy but I thought some one might like these too) My hubbie came home with some A&W;floats the other day, they are in a glass bottle and come in orange and rootbeer. They where pretty good the orange tasted like a 50/50 icecream bar and the root beer tasted just like a root beer float I still would choose real icecream in a glass but, it was still pretty good

Posted: 10 July 2008 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-07-02

I’ve seen these out now for a while and have been really tempted to give them a try. The price seems a bit steep for 4 bottles, so thanks for mentioning them! Sounds like it might be worth a shot.

Posted: 10 July 2008 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-07-10

I actually work at a Hy-Vee in Iowa and I’ve seen these multiple times. However, they are not both A&W;root beer. One is, but the other one is Sunkist, so it comes across as an orange creamsicle. I actually did take the time to try both and, seeing as this isn’t candy, I’ll just review the two right here.

A&W;Root Beer and Sunkist Floats: The packaging itself, consisting of a glass bottle with one of those annoying caps, is very retro-tastic in the sense that even the wrapping around the bottle just exudes the words “malt shop”. So, the packaging is attractive, but what about the actual texture? For starters, the A&W;comes across as a bit too creamy, almost as if the root beer was flat when they were making this to begin with. The Sunkist feels like it contains too much ice cream. Actually, now that I think about it, both drinks are flat! You don’t get that great taste when you immediately put ice cream into a still-carbonated soda, which is what is SUPPOSED to be nostalgic. There’s no foam! NO. FOAM.

But, I digress, it’s best to finally get the taste going. A&W;tastes just as it’s texture, too flat and too creamy. Sunkist, however, comes across as a creamsicle that might have been left out in the sun too long. Both drinks taste ok, but not like the REAL thing.

Then again, nothing tastes like the real thing. I kinda prefer drinking a root beer/orange float that I made myself.

Posted: 14 August 2008 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-08-14

What part of the country are you seeing these in? I haven’t seen these on the East Coast yet regrettably, I love rootbeer floats. Even if they’re not “great” i’d still like to try them. And are these sold cold or what? They sound like some sort of drink or frozen treat.

Signature 

...The snowman is watching you!

Posted: 14 August 2008 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-07-02
Yurei - 14 August 2008 02:53 PM

What part of the country are you seeing these in? I haven’t seen these on the East Coast yet regrettably, I love rootbeer floats. Even if they’re not “great” i’d still like to try them. And are these sold cold or what? They sound like some sort of drink or frozen treat.

I’m in California my husband got them at 7/11 they are a soft drink the root beer one kind of tastes like a root beer float aftewr the iccream has melted I like the orange one though it reminds me of a 50/50 bar

Posted: 14 August 2008 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-08-14

Ahhh ok, thank you. Hopefully they get out on this side of the country.

Signature 

...The snowman is watching you!

Posted: 15 August 2008 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

A&W;makes the BEST floats, hands down!

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

‹‹ Coffee beans...Really?      Cereal ››