forgot password?

Salsagheti, anyone??
Posted: 08 July 2008 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-07-08

I’ve found this product at Target. 

At first, I was slightly mortified by the combination, but my curiosity overwhelmed me and I purchased this mish-mashed confection.

What an unusual combination of tastes and sensations in one’s mouth!  Between the sweetness of the Watermelon straws, and the heat of the chilinpowder sprinkled on them to the tangy smoothness of the Tamarind sauce that’s included with the item.

So….needless to say, it’s become one of those candy items that I will purchase if I’m feeling in a wacky mood!

Does anyone else enjoy this odd little Mexican item???

Signature 

I only offer a fair trade:  Candy for Friendship

Posted: 11 July 2008 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

I got one of these (a different flavor, I think) and I haven’t gotten up the courage to try it yet.

Posted: 19 July 2008 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

I haven’t seen the exact kind you’re referring to here, but I have recently gotten my hands on some Mexican chili candy. ONe of them is a mango rope sprinkled with chili powder. I’ve yet to try them, but after your thoughts on the watermelon ones, I can’t wait to give them a try!

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 19 July 2008 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-07-02

I work at a Target and study the candy aisle daily for new items, and I’ve never seen this!! Sounds interesting.. hmm

Posted: 24 January 2009 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-01-23

Argh, I picked the little pack of this stuff up because it looked hilariously awful.  I couldn’t have been more right.  Well, half right anyway.  There is nothing really hilarious about foaming at the mouth and drooling into the Walgreen’s bag this candy (if I can call it that) was carried home in, unless of course you are one of my friends laughing at my misfortune.  The hard, tacky ropes, the cheap stale chili powder, the horror of the tiny benign looking pack of tamarind “sauce”.  Oh the humanity.

To this day I use Salsagetti as a meter for bad food.  I can basically look at any exotic food and think “there’s no way this can be worse than that candy imposter, Salsagetti.”  I’m pretty sure the inventor of the tongue scraper had previously been subject to it.

Some lessons I’ve learned:
-Do not trust cartoon ducks in sunglasses.  They LIE.
-If it sounds hilariously bad, it’s probably just bad.
-You would do well to remember that spagHetti has an H in it, and a lack of one may be very telling as to the quality of the product it describes.
-There was no salsa or spaghetti in this product (nor a duck for that matter), which was perfectly fine because salsa and spaghetti are typically not two things I would want to associate with candy.