forgot password?

Werther’s Chocolate caramels
Posted: 06 July 2008 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

They are small oval discs of blended milk chocolate and caramel in a visual whirl pattern.
The caramel is predominate in it’s very soft, very, smooth and very buttery tasting quality. I think it needed to have a little more chocolate either being thicker or in quality in porportion to the caramel in order to have been branded a chocolate caramel.

Posted: 07 July 2008 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

I found them quite disappointing. You’re right in it needs more chocolate and even the caramel isn’t particularly dominant. It’s so middle of the road neither really comes out, and it just tastes sticky-sweet to me. Next time I want Werther’s treats I’ll be going for the caramel chews. Or Reisen if I want chocolate and caramel together.

Posted: 07 July 2008 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

I agree - terribly disappointing, especially since the Storck Chocolate Reisen is so rich (made by the same company). The chocolate just tasted empty ... even the dark version was too sweet.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 15 July 2008 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-07-02

I was thinking about getting these (I have coupons) but after reading your reviews, I guess not.  Thanks.

Posted: 19 July 2008 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

Ugh, these are one of the few “new” candies in the market I refuse to try again. I had them at the All Candy Expo and they were tasteless to me.

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 19 July 2008 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

Yeah, I feel the same way as you guys. What I can say for them is that they were rather pretty. Still, I will never buy them.