forgot password?

1 of 2
Poll
Which do you prefer? Milk, dark or white?
Milk Chocolate 20
Dark Chocolate 38
White Chocolate 8
Any or all of the above! 5
Total Votes: 71
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Posted: 23 June 2008 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 02 July 2008 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-02

I know i’m in the minority on this one, but for some reason the bitterness of dark chocolate doesn’t work with my palate. I’ve tried to “like” it many times before, but would rather have a nice piece of smooth milk chocolate any day.

Signature 

Favorite candy of the moment: Haribo Brix!

Posted: 02 July 2008 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-07-02

I don’t think ‘white’ chocolate should even be called chocolate.  It is an imposter!

Posted: 02 July 2008 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-07-02

If there’s cocoa butter in it, then I think “white chocolate” works as a name for the confection. 

My favorite chocolate would be somewhere in the 65% to 72% cocoa content range.  Dark, but not too dark.

Posted: 02 July 2008 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-02
molly539 - 02 July 2008 09:40 AM

I don’t think ‘white’ chocolate should even be called chocolate.  It is an imposter!

I agree - even the texture can be off sometimes - blegh!

Posted: 02 July 2008 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-07-02

I just love chocolate. Any type’ll do me.

I just recently had some dark Swedish chocolate and it was so dark that it was kind of bitter. High-quality, to be sure, but bitter. And not entirely what I was expecting.

Signature 

“When life gives you lemons…add vodka.”

Posted: 02 July 2008 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-07-02

Oh this is a good question. I like all kind of chocolate but would say that most of the chocolate I eat is white or whole milk chocolate. The best dark chocolate I know is the Lindt version with Chili *yummy*

Posted: 02 July 2008 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

White chocolate, though it has to be a very specific white chocolate - Green & Black’s white chocolate. Otherwise I’m pretty easy going between the milk and wimpier end of dark chocolate spectrum. I can’t do those really dark chocolates though. Not yet anyway.

Posted: 02 July 2008 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

I prefer the sweet creamy texture and flavor of it.
Folowed by dark, and white.

Posted: 02 July 2008 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-07-02

I’m a milk chocolate person. White chocolate, well it isn’t even chocolate! I can’t say I hate it, nor can I say I love it. I can enjoy it in small amounts. For example, I think I was one of the few who really enjoyed the White Chocolate Kit Kats a few years ago. As for Dark Chocolate, some of it is okay. I’m “training” myself to enjoy it more. Dove dark is pretty good, though I can’t down them like I can with Dove milk chocolates. That’s just a mild dark though, right? I’d love to some day be able to say that I really enjoy that almost pitch black looking dark chocolate that some people love. Just the smell of it knocks me out(in a semi good way haha).

Posted: 02 July 2008 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-07-02

Yeah the white kitkats are amazing. My fave white chocolate is the Nestle crisp version. I don`t know if u are able to buy this version in the United States but it is amazing smile

Posted: 02 July 2008 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

I’m a big fan of dark chocolate (65% or more), especially with a bit of spice to it (chili or ginger) or salted caramel to go with it.

I also like white chocolate when I crave something super sweet.

Milk chocolate, though, gives me headaches, and always has :(

Posted: 02 July 2008 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-07-02

I love dark chocolate best, but I’m being forced into milk chocolate. I’m finding that the dark chocolate I used to eat (often) is too acidic, and I’ve had to give it up. That and coffee, unfortunately! Are there other people with ‘sensitive stomachs’ (I guess you could call it) who have had to give up the dark chocolate?

Posted: 03 July 2008 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

I used to prefer dark to milk while still enjoying milk chocolate, but as time has gone by I’ve found that I really don’t like most milk chocolate at all.  I do love some very sweet candies (maple sugar candy is a rarely-indulged in love of mine), but most milk chocolate is too cloyingly sweet for me.  Maybe it’s the thicker texture of chocolate that makes the difference? 

With dark chocolate, I feel like the primary flavor is the chocolate itself, not the sugar.  I’ve also never had milk chocolates with the fruity notes that good dark chocolate has.  It was a bar of dark chocolate that a friend brought me from Poland (sadly, I didn’t write the name down and have since forgotten it) several years ago that made me realize how fruity dark chocolate can taste.  I ate that bar one square at a time over a week or so in order to make it last as long as possible.

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-07-03

huge fan of dark chocolate! the more bitter the better, for me. haha.  tongue laugh

Posted: 03 July 2008 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

Definitely dark. I’m a big fan of the bitter flavors.

I thought I didn’t like white chocolate, but I just had some really good white chocolate, so I’ll have to rethink that.

1 of 2