forgot password?

Saykllys Candies
Posted: 19 February 2010 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-19

tongue laugh I have recently received a box of assorted chocolates and Caramel Snappies from Saykllys. What a disappointment! The chocolate they are using is from Peters which I find is not very strong in chocolate flavor. With that weakness, all the candy is over whelmingly sweet with little flavor getting through. Also, there are all kinds of unknown vegetable shortenings in the candy which are not identified. That usually is a red flag for highly saturated oils. After speaking with the owner, he stated I was the lone voice in the wilderness complaining about the quality of his product. I guess you can fool some of the people all the time. I wanted try something different and I got my wish. A complete waste of $50.00. I usually buy from See’s Candy and I am rarely disappointed and they use quality ingredients. If you like to snack on sugar, try Sakllys.

Posted: 19 February 2010 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

Thanks for the first hand review of Saykllys. I haven’t had them before but I’m a huge lover of locally-made confections. I know that when you grow up with a particular candy, that’s kind of what you like.

(I grew up with my mother’s home made caramels and that’s what I judge all other caramels by.)

It’s too bad that they were so sweet. I found the same thing with Daffin’s in Sharon, PA. I know that the locals love it and I’m not saying that it’s bad, just too sweet for my tastes.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.