forgot password?

Go Max Go candy bars
Posted: 28 December 2009 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-11-12

Has anybody tried these? I’ve read about them on various blogs and forums and now have spotted them at a few grocery stores.  They are kinda pricy, but look interesting.

http://www.gomaxgofoods.com/products.htm

Posted: 28 December 2009 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

I’ve seen them too, but I can’t get over why someone would go to the trouble of using natural and vegan ingredients and then use mockolate. What benefit can there be to using palm oil instead of cocoa butter.

If you want though, I’ll see if I can find them again and do a review of the set. I think I saw them at Whole Foods.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 28 December 2009 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12

ooh yes, please! i’m so curious.  and assuming you address the mockolate question, perhaps the company will see the review and answer it.  i don’t know anything about how candy is made, but could it have anything to do with texture/consistency or something considering they are using vegan ingredients?

Posted: 04 February 2010 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12

hi Cybele, did you change your mind about reviewing these?

Posted: 19 February 2010 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

Here you go:

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/category/gomaxgo

Basically, there are better bars out there, but if you have to go vegan ... well, there are still better bars out there.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 26 February 2010 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12

thank you for the reviews!! i was going to try the Mahalo, but now I’m seeing it get ugly on twitter w/the company. Geez!! Totally uncalled for and completely unprofessional!  makes me not want to buy any of their products. :(