forgot password?

New for the Holidays
Posted: 08 November 2009 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-07-02

spotted while i was out and about this weekend:

candy-coated mini junior mints:  i guess they’re kinda like a weird junior mint-m&ms; lovechild, but they were like $4 a bag so i couldn’t be bothered to try them smile

irish creme hershey’s kisses:  i really don’t like irish creme flavor, so i didn’t try these either…

dove peppermint bark:  for those of you who are disappointed by the artificial ingredients in hershey’s candy cane kisses, i think this is a much better option.  it appears to be all cocoa butter, and they have that lovely smooth melt that dove is known for, plus bits of real candy cane (as opposed to nonpareils).  if i had any complaint, it’s that the mint flavor is milder than i would’ve liked, but overall they were very tasty.

anyone else see anything new and interesting for the holidays?

Posted: 08 November 2009 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

Ruffy - I found the Dove Peppermint Bark Promises. Super expensive at $4.99 for a 8 ounce bag, but I bought it anyway because, as you mention, real cocoa butter.

I didn’t see the Irish Creme Kisses! That sounds fun, though I have to wonder how different it is to the Creme de Menthe.

I’ve heard about the mini junior mints for two years now but have yet to find them. Where did you see them?

I found most of the Russell Stover Santas - Strawberry Creme, Maple Creme, Coconut Creme and Marshmallow.

Also out (but I haven’t seen):

Red & White mix TicTacs
Holiday Color Sixlets
Brach’s Mint Pearls (like Dutch Mints)
Ghirardelli Squares - in Pecan Pie, Egg Nog Peppermint Bark and other flavors
Vanilla Swirl Holiday Dots

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 09 November 2009 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Hey Cybele,
I think I saw the Junior Mints at CVS… I, too, was surprised to see them, but apparently not surprised enough to buy ‘em (and I rather like Junior Mints).

For potential restocking purposes, I picked up the Dove peppermint bark at wal-mart for $2.50 smile

Posted: 10 November 2009 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-11-10

Saw the Ghriadelli Squares, Swirl Dots, and Holiday Mix TicTacs at Target today.

Posted: 10 November 2009 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-11-10

I also forgot to mention if you like the Dove Peppermint bark you should check out the gourmet mars line ethels peppermint bark. Its crazy expensive but really good!

Posted: 12 November 2009 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

I found Christmas DOTS in CVS too.

I want to find these Dove Promises and Irish Creme Kisses! Where did you see them? smile

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 16 November 2009 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-11

More stuff I spotted:

I found the Dots at both CVS and Walgreen’s

Candy Cane Kisses & Mint Truffle Kisses are back. Creme de Menthe Hershey’s Bliss is also back.

Mint M&Ms; are back on shelves (but no sign of dark mint M&Ms; which may not exist but would be a great idea)

Snickers Nutcrackers & Santas are back in the tray of 6.

Atkinson’s Sour Balls in Red & Green (Cherry & Green Apple) at Walgreen’s

Holiday Nerds Rope & Holiday Nerds

Peppermint Crunch Junior Mints have returned for the third year

Walgreen’s has the 2 Buck Choc (made by R.M. Palmer) which now comes in Peppermint Bar and Mint Choc.

There were some Fannie May mint meltaways at Walgreen’s too. Never seen Fannie May at the drug store before.

Not quite holiday, but Rite Aid had a killer deal on Ferrero Rocher & Rondnoir - it was $1.99 for a package of 18 (usually $4.49 around here).

Signature 

Posted: 16 November 2009 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

just to clarify my earlier post, i saw the irish creme kisses at target and haven’t seen them anywhere else yet.  the candy-coated mini junior mints were at ralph’s grocery store, and again, i haven’t spotted them elsewhere.

target also had the bars (as opposed to the medallions) of Dove peppermint bark, but they were surprisingly pricey!

Posted: 18 November 2009 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-11

Whoo hoo! I found the Irish Creme Kisses. They were at Target, so I’m wondering if they’re an exclusive like the Candy Corn Kisses were the first year.

Photo here.

I also picked up the Christmas Dots (cherry & vanilla and lime & vanilla).

Much to my surprise they had Hersheyettes, which are like M&Ms;. I haven’t seen them in probably 15 years.

I’m still looking for the Junior Mints minis, but I haven’t tried the grocery store yet.

Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2009 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-11-24

pretzel m & M’s. apparently, not yet available.

picture provided by my girlfriend who was given a package.  hasn’t opened it yet, but how could they not be good!?  The x-ray picture is pretty funny.

By the way, girlfriend, i love you dearly.

Image Attachments
pretzel m & ms.jpg

Posted: 29 November 2009 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-11-29

hi. i found the Hershey’s Irish Creme at Kmart this weekend in New Jersey.