forgot password?

M&Ms;Premiums
Posted: 02 July 2008 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-07-02

I was walking through my local grocery store and saw a display of M&Ms;Premiums… being the dork I am, I stood there for 5 minutes with my Blackberry, looking up the candyblog review of them so I could decide which flavor to get!

I settled on the mint, by the way, and they’re good! Though the lack of a crisp candy shell confused my friends—and it melts a little waxily on the tongue before you get to the heart of the chocolate. I didn’t eat more than a handful of them, and somehow that was enough. At the price they sell for, that’s a good thing.. I’d hate to mindlessly eat my way through a whole $4 bag.

Posted: 03 July 2008 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-07-02

i’m really confused as to why these don’t have a candy shell.  is that crunchy coating considered low rent these days?

they certainly look pretty enough, but they barely qualify as m&ms;if they don’t have a crunchy shell!

Posted: 09 July 2008 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2008-07-02
ruffy - 03 July 2008 01:39 PM

i’m really confused as to why these don’t have a candy shell.  is that crunchy coating considered low rent these days?

they certainly look pretty enough, but they barely qualify as m&ms;if they don’t have a crunchy shell!

Agreed. I think of M&Ms;as almost synonymous with a candy shell, so it is hard to consider them ‘real’ M&Ms;. I dunno, I kind of picture the creation of these in some boardroom by a marketing executive looking to come up with some new/updated version of the M&M;. I think it’s kind of gimmicky.

Posted: 17 July 2008 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

I opened the bag and the smell of coffee hit my nose in euphoria. My eyes were rewarded with the pretty metallic coloring they had. I was surprised that they weren’t the hard M&Ms;we all know and love, but were soft and chewy. The mocha flavor was food on the first few you have but suddenly vanishes to oblivion after the first few. I’d give them a passing grade if you were desparate for a quick mocha burst.
But dissapointed by the product overall.

Baskin Robbins Candy ››