forgot password?

3 of 4
New Flavors of Hershey Kisses
Posted: 29 August 2008 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

Wow, they’re in LA now too Cybele? Lucky! So sweet of both of you to offer to trade aside from the weather, I completely understand. It’s still mid 70’s-80 here so it’s right on the borderline for safe chocolate shipping.

Maybe I’ll check again tomorrow. Ha ha.

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 30 August 2008 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-01

Whoo hoo! I went to target today and found them, yay! Thanks for all the help guys!

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 04 September 2008 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-01

Pattie over at Candy Yum Yum! just reported word of the Caramel Appel Kisses in Wal-Mart. Anyone else see them yet? smile

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 04 September 2008 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11
Sera - 04 September 2008 06:42 PM

Pattie over at Candy Yum Yum! just reported word of the Caramel Appel Kisses in Wal-Mart. Anyone else see them yet? smile

I looked at KMart today at lunch and didn’t see anything new on the Kiss front.

But in other news KMart had the Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses (the molasses taffy with peanut butter blurp centers) as well as the whole array of Brach’s candy corns (harvest mix, candy corn and indian corn).

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 05 September 2008 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-07-02

i did indeed just find the caramel apple kisses at wal-mart.  i like them!  i mean, they’re definitely artificial through and through, but there’s something about them that i find appealing.

of course, i also like the fake-o charms caramel apple lollipops, so maybe that says something.

Posted: 06 September 2008 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-08-14

just letting people know, i have spotted candy corn and pumpkin spice kisses at my local target in southern NH. they had a halloween themed bag of caramel ones too, and i had to read it carefully to see it was just regular caramel and nothign new or special. At a quick glance I thought it might’ve been the caramel apple ones.

Signature 

...The snowman is watching you!

Posted: 06 September 2008 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-09-06

Hi!!! Newbie here!  I love that I can talk about Hershey kisses with a nice group of candy fans. 

As far as the Halloween flavors are concerned…I just found about these today from a link to this site via The impulsive buy.  I immediately commanded my husband to drive me to Walgreens and Target.  Walgreens jst had candy corn flavor, and I wasn’t in a candy corn mood today.  So over to Target and hubby says “just pick one bag” the man can’t understand my Hershey kiss obsession.  So I pick what I thin kare the CARMEL APPLE and they end up plain ole caramel.  So…back to Target tommorow for the pumkin ones and possibly caramel apple if I find em.  They are in the Halloween aisle in my store.  And oh I have to find the marshmallow creme ones now.  I was also told that the yogurt Hershey kisses are kinda like the cheesecake in flavor.  I can see hw that is, because they really did taste cheesecakey. 

And one more thing….what is it with the flavor kisses being mushy?  I thought it was just me.  Glad to know others have the same prob. 

Posted: 06 September 2008 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

I don’t know why the flavored ones are so dang smooshy. I got the coconut ones when they had them and they were barely solid. I figured maybe it was because of wal mart’s lack of AC and stuck them in the freezer for a while… but it made no difference.

Signature 

Posted: 06 September 2008 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-07-09

I think in addition to cheaping out on chocolate and other ingredients, Hershey has also begun to do the same to the packaging. I went to Target this weekend and found many different Halloween theme bags of Hershey’s kisses. All the same color and design with the only distinguising marks being the name and picture of the kiss on the front and a recipe in the fine print on the back flap of the bag. They had candy corn, pumpkin spice, caramel and harvest mix…not one package explained what any of them actually were like last years limited editions did.

Some were self explanatory, but the harvest mix puzzled me. Had no idea what it was and the bag didn’t want to explain so I didn’t bother buying. I did find out later that the harvest mix was just regular kisses in Halloween colored wrappers so I’m glad I left them. I nearly bought the caramel as well thinking they were caramel apple, but noticed the mistake before I made it to the counter.

Also found the less ballyhooed cookies n’ creme kisses (only in a huge 18 oz bag) at Wal-Mart and peanut butter filled kisses at Kroger in Troy, MI. Still no luck with caramel apple confused

Posted: 08 September 2008 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

i have seen the fabled caramel apple kisses today! i repeat, my walmart has the caramel apple/candy apple whatever-you-call-them kisses. and only $2 a bag too.

Signature 

Posted: 09 September 2008 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2008-07-11

do they come out with trial sizes of these?

I don’t want to spend money on a whole bag to find out I don’t like that flavor

Posted: 09 September 2008 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-01

bettyfelon, unfortunately, I highly doubt it. Do you have a friend to share a bag with? That’s your best bet, I think. smile

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 09 September 2008 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

nope, i’ve never seen a trial size for any type of kiss out here. closest thing i’ve seen once were smaller ‘snack size’ bags of the regular old kisses.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2008 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-10-07

Hi..New to the blog thing…was searching the net for Hershey Kisses and found this seller on Ebay that has quite a range of limited edition hershey kisses…

Posted: 12 October 2008 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-08-02

I have yet to see any limited edition flavors at our local Wal-Mart’s.  I saw a small stack of Pumpkin Spice ones at a local grocery store but when I went back they were gone.  If anyone can direct me to the Caramel Apple and Pumpkin Spice kisses I would be very appreciative.  I’m almost tempted to go that seller on Ebay who sells them but he wants like 7.50 a bag plus shipping.  Ouch!  The newest limited edition flavor I have seen is Neapolitan at our local Sam’s Club.  I look three times a week in our area.  There are 4 Wal-Mart Supecenters within a 15 mile radius of my house so I have looked at all 4 of them.

3 of 4