forgot password?

1 of 4
New Flavors of Hershey Kisses
Posted: 02 July 2008 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-07-02

I was recently in Walmarts, and noticed a variety of new flavors of Hershey Kisses, like vanilla yogurt?  Cookies and creme, and of course old favorites like cherry cordial and one other…I’ve seen the NY Cheesecake at Sams Club, I am guessing all these are limited edition?  They were kind of pricey at $3.50 a bag at Wal Mart, and I’m not sure how much they are at Sams. 

Is there any other flavors I may have missed that are currently out there?  Has anyone tried these?

Posted: 02 July 2008 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-07-02

Cookies and Cream I haven’t tried, though I’d assume it to be the same as the Hershey’s Cookies and Cream bar, only in Kiss form. I’ve been seeing the cherry ones everywhere lately! I must say, I’m glad it’s not a full blown limited edition like it used to be. I did love them, however I think I overdid it last christmas since I thought I’d have to wait another year before I’d get my hands on them again. The Cherry Cordial ones I think are fantastic. It’s totally like a milk chocolate cherry cordial, only without the texture of the cherry. As for the Vanilla Yogurt(yoghurt?) kisses, I haven’t pushed myself to try those yet. Two easters ago when the Vanilla Cream kisses came out, I was expecting the vanilla center to be more like the vanilla centers in boxed chocolates. Not the case at all, it was a solid, slightly vanilla enhanced “cream”. So.. I expect these to be simliar, only maybe with a pinch of “sourness” added to it? I love limited edition Kisses, my problem is I waste money on huge bags of them, only to find out they aren’t all that good(a majority of the time anyways). So I’m curious to see how they are!! Oh! The New York Cheescake ones I did try last Valentine’s Day. I thought they were okay. I couldn’t eat a handful of them in one sitting though. I’m a huge cheesecake fan, but the cheescake substance was similar to how I tried to describe the vanilla cream kisses. It’s more of a solid cream(not that I expect them to put actual cheesecake in kisses!), but a bit softer. It’s also a very rich cheesecake flavour, which is why I can’t eat too many at a time. For kisses, I thought they were pretty good. Not as good as the Cherry Cordials though!

Posted: 02 July 2008 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-07-02

the cookies’n'creme kisses were a huge disappointment for me, because they use nonpareils instead of actual cookie bits.  the chocolate itself tastes pretty good:  smooth, buttery, a little salty.  but those crunchy candy bits are NOT cookies!!!

Posted: 03 July 2008 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-07-02

I really enjoyed the NY cheesecake kisses!  They were better than expected.  Sadly, I haven’t seen them since I bought the first bag, bummer.

Posted: 04 July 2008 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-07-02

Vanilla Yogurt? That’s interesting!

I’ve had the NY Cheesecake, which I thought was tasty, but I don’t think I’d want a whole bag of them. I bought a bag of chocolate marshmallow kisses. I didn’t read the package carefully, and I assumed that it was filled with a marshmallow creme. I was very sorry when I discovered that they were regular chocolate kisses with a cloying, artificial marshmallow flavoring. That was probably the worst of the limited-editions that I tried!

Posted: 06 July 2008 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-07-03

I bought a few bags of the Hersheys Hot Chocolate Kisses.  They were a little sweet, but they just melted in your mouth.  I bought them last Christmas, check them out.  If they ever came out with a dark chocolate kiss, it would replace the Hot Chocolate Kisses as my favorite.

Posted: 07 July 2008 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-07-02

I’ve had dark chocolate kisses my mother in law had some at christmas time last year I am the only one who would eat them on purpose. No one else likes dark chocolate. I think the wrappers where in the red and greem christmas colors but the flag said “hersheys dark”

Posted: 07 July 2008 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02
Nanet - 06 July 2008 09:18 PM

I bought a few bags of the Hersheys Hot Chocolate Kisses.  They were a little sweet, but they just melted in your mouth.  I bought them last Christmas, check them out.  If they ever came out with a dark chocolate kiss, it would replace the Hot Chocolate Kisses as my favorite.

They do have Dark Chocolate Kisses! They’ve got the brilliant violet foil wrapper don’t they? We’ve always got them in stock at our Target here in town.

Posted: 08 July 2008 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02
fjontella - 05 July 2008 06:22 AM

I’ve had the NY Cheesecake, which I thought was tasty, but I don’t think I’d want a whole bag of them. I bought a bag of chocolate marshmallow kisses. I didn’t read the package carefully, and I assumed that it was filled with a marshmallow creme. I was very sorry when I discovered that they were regular chocolate kisses with a cloying, artificial marshmallow flavoring. That was probably the worst of the limited-editions that I tried!

!!! Candy Addict did a review today on Marshmallow Creme FILLED kisses!! So they exist now!! I must find them!! Just thought I’d let you know if you check this at all haha grin

Posted: 11 July 2008 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

Yes, the Marshmallow Creme Kisses have been spotted at Walgreens. I’m going after some myself!

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 11 July 2008 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

The Hershey Insider has a photo of the new Caramel Apple Kisses!

http://civellophoto.typepad.com/hersheyinsider/2008/07/caramel-apple-kisses.html

They’re available now at Hershey’s Chocolate World (and I’m guessing the Hershey’s store at Times Square) and it looks like the Candy Corn Kisses will also be back.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 13 July 2008 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01
Cybele - 11 July 2008 05:50 PM

The Hershey Insider has a photo of the new Caramel Apple Kisses!

http://civellophoto.typepad.com/hersheyinsider/2008/07/caramel-apple-kisses.html

Ooooh, those look awesome!

Maybe I need to go to NYC this weekend. wink

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 28 July 2008 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-07-05

I was in St. Louis last March, which is two hours away from where I live, and I saw the Kisses with marshmallow creme as well as chocolate covered strawberry kisses. I could just kick myself for not buying them there. I just assumed that if they were in that part of Missouri, they’d be in my town as well. WRONG! I’ve never been able to find them here. Has anyone else seen the strawberry kisses and does anyone know if they’re still being made at all?

Signature 

Posted: 28 July 2008 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

I’ll have to keep an eye open for the Caramel Apple. I hope they have them in small bags or single servings, though, because I thought the Cherry Cordial were so-so and Cheesecake ones were absolutely horrible. wink I don’t seem to either have the taste for these creations, or I just picked the not so great ones to try.

Posted: 28 July 2008 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-07-26

i love the raspberry white chocolate hugs. yumyumyum.
i bought a bag for my boyfriend, and before I shipped them out with the rest of his vday gift, I sampled one- and then ended up eating it all. I had to go out and get another bag.

Posted: 02 August 2008 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-07-02
reppeprd - 09 July 2008 12:17 AM
fjontella - 05 July 2008 06:22 AM

!!! Candy Addict did a review today on Marshmallow Creme FILLED kisses!! So they exist now!! I must find them!! Just thought I’d let you know if you check this at all haha grin

I saw that review! Marshmallow Creme FILLED kisses sound interesting! Which is, of course, what I was thinking I was purchasing! I wouldn’t mind trying the variety with the creme, but I’d double-check that it’s definitely the creme version before buying anything that says ‘marshmallow’ and ‘kisses’ on the bag! I haven’t seen them in stores yet, but I’d check Target if I were looking for them!

1 of 4