forgot password?

1 of 2
I live in Canada - anyone from the U.S. want to swap candy?
Posted: 02 July 2008 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-07-02

There are some chocolates that I am interested in but are unavailable in Canada.  Anyone interested in swapping candy that is available in the U.S. with me?  I can send chocolate requests available in Canada.

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-07-03

what kind of chocolates are you interested in? i’m not near a big city or anything, but if its something i could find locally, or not special ordered, i’d be more then happy to do a swap!

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Thanks for the reply!
Right now I am interested in
Payday
Reese?s Big Cup with Caramel & Nuts
Reese?s Big Cup with Mixed Nuts
Reese’s Elvis Peanut Butter Cups (with banana creme)
Reese\s fast break

Do you have any of these available?  Which candy are you interested in?

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-03

Aero Bars! hahaa, i had them once a LONG time ago, (okay, not long) on a trip to Toronto, but other then that, I wouldn’t mind anything! surprises are fun!

how much of those candys are you looking for? some of them I haven’t seen around, but a lot of them I have. when i go to the store tonight (i’m a night owl) i’ll see what i can find and how much and get back to you if you’d like!

Posted: 03 July 2008 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-03

I live in Canada too and I’d love to trade some Canadian candy for U.S. candy.
How do we get this going? How do we prevent chocolate from melting?
Do we pay each other before shipping via PayPal or something?
Or do we just trade equal dollar values?
I’m a little paranoid about eating candy sent to me from a stranger, but
I guess I just have to trust my fellow CandyBloggers.

Posted: 03 July 2008 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Great, thank you so much.  Let me know what you can find, since I realize a lot of those are limited edition, and then we can arrange what to send so it is fair. 

I’ll be able to get you an Aero, no problem.  There are also different versions, like dark chocolate, mint, caramel areo.  I can get you those as well.  I’m trying to think of other chocolates available in Canada - I think our Oh Henry bar is slightly different, if you like those.  And we have glosettes, which are chocolate covered peanuts.

I’m also wondering how to send these so they don’t melt .. has anyone had experience shipping food before?

Posted: 03 July 2008 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-03

well, i would be all for spending a certain amount of money on my partner, and having them spend an equal amount of time on myself.

i’ve done swaps for art, and usually we just exchange information, and price limits, and go from there. sometimes i throw in handmade goods too, since i’m more on a crafty side.

and whats fun is that you have to just kind of trust that a person will actually do it, so that you dont ‘lose out’... but usually, when people are excited to do, its done within a day or two!

we would need at least one more person from the US interested in it. Then we can exchange information with one another.

Posted: 03 July 2008 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-03
laura90210 - 03 July 2008 08:11 PM

Great, thank you so much.  Let me know what you can find, since I realize a lot of those are limited edition, and then we can arrange what to send so it is fair. 

I’ll be able to get you an Aero, no problem.  There are also different versions, like dark chocolate, mint, caramel areo.  I can get you those as well.  I’m trying to think of other chocolates available in Canada - I think our Oh Henry bar is slightly different, if you like those.  And we have glosettes, which are chocolate covered peanuts.

I’m also wondering how to send these so they don’t melt .. has anyone had experience shipping food before?

i would talk to your local post office as far as shipping. i’ve only done handmade things like popcorn balls, and cakes in a jar - and i know those fair pretty decent. but chocolate has the melt factor to take into consideration.

if you want to think of native candies, that will be nice too! i’ll do the same for you!

Posted: 05 July 2008 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-03

Maybe I should start a new topic to find someone to trade with
since I kind of jumped into this conversation, I can’t expect one
person from the U.S. to send stuff to a bunch of Canadians.
Keep us posted on any boarder crossing problems and costs or
melting problems.

Posted: 05 July 2008 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-03

haha, well, as long as you’re not asking for really expensive stuff, i really don’t mind!

i do this stuff a lot.

is there specific stuff?

Posted: 08 July 2008 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

I live in Bradenton, Fl now but was born and lived in BUffalo, NY for 30 years. I miss the Aerobars epecially now that there’s a Bitter Orange Aerobar. I’d like to try one for a trade. I can give you Starbucks Chocloates, Werthers Choclate caramels, Oh Henry, Premium M&Ms;, Banana Resses Cup rather easily here where I live. Can we swap or not?

Posted: 09 July 2008 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

I’m really excited about this.  I do not mind sending out chocolates to the both of you.  I noticed you both like Aero, I can find some of the different Aero bars on the market now - mint, orange, dark chocolate.  I can also send some glossettes, coffee crisp, caramilk, oh henry, and anything else you may like.  Has anyone found anything out about mailing chocolate?  Perhaps putting it in a box with lots of bubble wrap?

Posted: 09 July 2008 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

If you could find some of thsoe hazelnut Creme Resse cups too please and jersey milk bars.
Mailing best would be maybe express or first class, something fast epecially if it’s cominga hot place like Florida. The faster it moves the less change it has to melt. Mark fragile on it too so nothing gets thrown on it to crush it too.Paypal I think s the way to go here for payment. Let me know what you’d like from my list I have posted here.Then we’ll go from here on my side.

[ Edited: 10 July 2008 06:19 AM by Peg1]

Posted: 10 July 2008 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-07-08

Hello!

I live in Maryland, US and I’d also be willing to participate in some kind of swap- doesn’t have to be just chocolate, and interesting candy you’re looking for would be great too! I’ll be in the states until September, then I’m going to Ireland for 4 months. I’d be happy to send anything from there too (it’ll help me get acquainted with all of the yummy sweets there as well!).

Thanks and happy trading!
sb

Posted: 27 July 2008 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-07-27

Hi everyone

I live on the border of the U.S and Canada so would be welling to ship Candy or goodies from either side of the border

Would also be willing to trade for Tim Tams from Australia / New Zealand

Posted: 02 August 2008 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-07-02

I have an answer about melty chocolate! I used to send (and receive) chocolates from a friend in England. Unfortunately, one time we were determined to send packages to each other during the summer. There’s really no way of packaging chocolate (normally) to ensure that it won’t melt. Bubble wrap won’t help. All of our chocolates were packaged in bubble wrap, and some were packaged in smaller boxes within the main box. This was mainly to prevent any mess on the off-chance that the chocolate melted and oozed out. I believe the only way to combat melty chocolate is a) to wait for autumn OR b) to package it using more expensive packaging that will ensure some amount of cooling. I’ve seen some online retailers use small coolers, and others include those gel-type ice packs. Usually this makes shipping far more expensive DOMESTICALLY. I did not try this with my candy exchanges, and I think it would have added so much to the cost of shipping. Basically, if you’re determined to candy swap in the summer, assume melting will occur, try to include some non-chocolate items, and package them well so there won’t be any accidents.

I’d love to do a swap here one day, but I’m waiting until it’s cooler! At that time, I’d love to trade with a Canadian!

1 of 2