forgot password?

Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs/PB:C Ratio
Posted: 15 July 2009 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-15

Hi! I found this blog and forum via a Google search, and wanted to share some thoughts on Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs, which were a subject of discussion on the blog a while back.

Like a few people, my favorite Easter candy is the Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg. But it seems like in every blog review or online discussion I can find, the focus is always on the large (not the new XXL) versions, which are sold individually or in a tray/box. This is a shame—the best version of the Reese’s Egg, and transitively the best Easter candy, and arguably the best mass-market candy available, is the MEDIUM Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg.

These medium Eggs are always sold in a yellow bag, whose graphic design has not changed for as long as I can remember, so it’s always easy to spot on a shelf. And why are these the best? Why, it’s all about the peanut butter-to-chocolate ratio. Frankly, none of the other iterations quite gets it right, but the medium Eggs just do. And I think Reese’s knows this; they’ve taken to knocking off their own medium Eggs as Valentine hearts, Christmas trees and weirdly distorted Halloween pumpkins. All are essentially the same as the medium Egg, just with some loose notching to suggest the top of a heart or the limbs of a tree.

Anyway, the PB:C ratio is an important issue to me. For a full breakdown of my position, I invite you to check out the latest episode of my web series, “Real Life With Married People.” Improbably, it is entirely devoted to the subject, and I think you might enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7J9SH-hiQ

I’m curious to know if anyone feels as I do about the medium Eggs and the PB:C ratio, or if you’ve had similar debates with your significant other on the subject of candy… or if you just have feedback on the show. smile