forgot password?

where can I buy chicle gum base?
Posted: 15 June 2009 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-06-15

I have played around with a couple of those ‘make your own gum” kits,
and I want to start creating some of my own recipes.
Does anyone know where I can purchase the chicle base in bulk?

Posted: 20 June 2009 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

That’s a tough one.

I did some web searches for “wholesale ingredient chicle” but didn’t find much that seemed useful.

You might want to contact Verve, the company that makes one of those versions of the make your own gum kit.

If it’s just for personal use (you’re not going into business to compete with them), maybe they can sell you a big block or give you a source.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 20 June 2009 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-06-15

Thanks for responding to my post.
That’s a good idea. I will try that. I too was unable to find any easy resources for it, (which is how I happened upon the kits) If this works, I can worry about real suppliers when I have a recipe worthy of selling.
But in the meantime if anyone reading this post knows a good supplier, please don’t hesitate to respond.

Best,
Leah

Posted: 09 August 2009 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

Did you do the Make Your Own Gum kit from Verve? If you liked that base, you can buy it in bulk (according to their site). I don’t know if there’s a minimum purchase, though.

From the Glee Gum FAQ:

Can I buy gum base by itself, in bulk?
Yes! If you are interested in purchasing more than the 4 oz. available in the Refill Kit, please contact us! We also sell our gum base by the pound. It can be a useful tool for smoking cessation, and for people on the ketogenic diet. For pricing and more information, contact us at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Posted: 09 August 2009 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

Oops… I totally didn’t read Cybele’s post. Sorry for the repeat.