forgot password?

Hershey’s Krackel
Posted: 02 July 2008 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

I mentioned in the Nestle Crunch review about my affection for Krackel.

I’d heard that the regular sized bar was discontinued (but it’s still available as part of the Hershey’s Miniatures). I sent a note to the company, just because I was curious about the company line and got the official answer today:

Thank you for contacting The Hershey Company.  Your comments about KRACKEL chocolate bar are important.

We are sorry to disappoint you, but KRACKEL chocolate bar is currently not available.  This product is not being produced for nationwide retail distribution at this time and we are unable to provide you with details as to when and where you might be able to obtain this product.  We apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that your comments will be shared with our Marketing Department.

Your interest in our company is appreciated.

Not terribly helpful, but at least a quick response. I’m guessing a backlash from the public, petitions and notes might make them produce it again.

Are you missing your Krackel?

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 02 July 2008 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-07-02

i seriously LOVED krackel growing up.  my favorite candy bar by far, and vastly superior to the nestle crunch.  it kind of bums me out that they’re not available except as miniatures (and even then, the proportion of krackels to everything else is pretty crummy…)

but to be honest, even as much as i love my krackel, it’s not something i would purchase regularly.  the market’s probably just not there.

Posted: 02 July 2008 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-07-02

As a kid, I loved these so much more than the Crunch bar as well. However, recently I had one from the mini mix bag, and it wasn’t at all how I remembered it.. The Hershey’s chocolate tasted more sour than I remember. Maybe I’m too used to my Godiva downer

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-07-03

my favorite memories of growing up was going trick or treating, and finding the 10 or so Krackel mini-bars that people would give out.

i wonder if they still have them in the big mixed candy bags during halloween season? (nevermind, i guess the question was answered in the reply above! Haha!)

Posted: 28 July 2008 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-07-28

Won’t miss the big Krackel.  I’m more of a Nestle’s Crunch guy.  I really like the Nestle’s Caramel Crunch.  I’m curious - did Hershey send you coupons or samples of their other products along with their reply (or was this via email)?

Posted: 28 July 2008 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11
Fizzer - 28 July 2008 08:57 PM

I’m curious - did Hershey send you coupons or samples of their other products along with their reply (or was this via email)?

It was via email, so no coupons. (Not that I’d probably use them anyway. Usually when I get candy coupons I end up giving them away to readers.)

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 19 September 2008 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2008-09-19

Hershey is concentrating on the Reese’s products right now and several of the under performing candies don’t get the “push” needed to keep them in the public eye.