forgot password?

1 of 2
Breathe Savers Energy mints and Reese?s PBC Dark Chocolate
Posted: 22 February 2009 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2008-09-19

There is less than 2% caffeine in the energy mints so it’ll perk you up but not give you the caffeine shakes. The wintergreen energy mints taste just like the regular Breathe Savers or Ice Breakers wintergreen mints.

The dark chocolate Reese’s PBC are going to be one of the new dark chocolate products introduced this year. There will also be a Cookies and Creme Miniatures assortment bag that has milk and dark chocolate versions of the regular white chocolate and a few new varieties of Kisses.

Sorry about the topic being in the wrong section, I posted it in Candy News but it showed up here.

[ Edited: 23 February 2009 10:33 AM by sdswcu]

Posted: 24 February 2009 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2009-02-24

Really, Dark Chocolate Reeses? Are those going to be the product to replace caramal PBC because they have been discontinued?  What percent of cocoa are the new PBCs?  Will there be any coupons or store promotions for them so us dark chocolate loving consumers can try them? How exciting!  I dont know if its just me but Hershey’s really seems to be pushing Reeses of late (not that i am complaining), am i imagining this or are they focusing on expanding this particular brand?

Posted: 24 February 2009 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-19

I can’t say for sure if the dark PBC’s are technically replacing the Caramel PBC. I don’t know the time line of when they decided to discontinue the product and when they decided to make the dark PBC a regular product and not just the movie tie in.
I don’t have any with me to see the chocolate content but you definitely know you’re eating dark chocolate.
There will probably be coupons when the product launches, but I haven’t gotten any info on that at this time.
You are correct that Hershey’s is “pushing” the Reese’s brand. The Reese’s PBC King size is the top selling candy in c-stores nationwide. The Reese’s products are among the top selling for Hershey so they’re always trying to see what else the consumer will enjoy with that Reese’s brand.

[ Edited: 24 February 2009 08:14 AM by sdswcu]

Posted: 24 February 2009 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2009-02-24

So this “push” as we have called it, this focus on Reese?s, that obviously directly relates to the big Reese’s product promotion I read about in an article online.  It’s starting in June i believe it was? If Reese?s sells so well, it is hard for me to understand why Hershey?s would be pushing it so hard and constantly altering the product?  Its perfect in its original form if you ask me.

Posted: 24 February 2009 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-19

Preaching to the choir. I don’t get it either but then they don’t ask me. Apparently somebody likes these new products or Hershey would stop making them too.
If you go to a large convenience store and really look at the candy section you’ll see that all the candy companies have several variations of their big sellers. There are probably 5-6 varieties of Snickers and M&M;‘s. There’s not much else you can do with the standard milk chocolate bar that hasn’t already been done so the Reese’s must offer more options.

[ Edited: 24 February 2009 12:51 PM by sdswcu]

Posted: 24 February 2009 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2009-02-24

That is all very true, and I suppose us consumers do like our variety and ability to have options?I just cant get over it though, I counted the number of different Reese?s products, and currently including the dark chocolate there are 12! Do you think they’ll add more!?!?!

You also mentioned that Hershey?s is adding more kisses?  How can that be, what flavors haven?t they already introduced lol !?! I must say, one of my new favs. that were out for V-Day is the cherry cordial kisses, so delicious!  What new flavors do we have to look forward to?  Would you say that the constant variation in kisses is the same concept as Reese?s even though they aren?t as big a seller?

Posted: 24 February 2009 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-19

Who knows what they’ll do next.
I know there some new Kisses coming, there were samples at our last meeting, but I don’t remember what they were right now. They’re going to be added later in the year and since Hershey is trying to re-introduce the Kiss to the consumer there will probably be new ads etc. at some point.

Posted: 25 February 2009 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2009-02-24

Re-introduce the kiss? What does that mean exactly? And why are they doing that?  Do they think we consumers have forgotten about the Famous Hershey’s Kiss? That cant be…

Posted: 25 February 2009 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-19

No that’s exactly what it means.

Posted: 26 February 2009 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2009-02-24

Interesting…so when should we start looking for these new kiss flavors? Will they be available nationally or just regionally to start..i’d like to know where and when they are coming out so if i have to order some versus going up the road to the grocery store or WALMART theyll be easier to track down….

Posted: 26 February 2009 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-19

The Kisses Meltaways, Dark Chocolate Reese’s PBC, Twizzlers Sweat and Sour Filled Twists, Double Chocolate Hugs, Kisses Special Dark Big Bag, Kisses/Hugs Assorted Big Bag, Reese’s Select Peanut Butter Cremes will be available in WalMart and grocery stores June 5th.

Posted: 27 February 2009 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2009-02-24

Excellent ill have to keep an eye out for them…thanks so much for your help!

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2009-02-24

When you say meltaway kisses, does that mean that the kisses will be like the Hersheys bliss chocolates? Will they be in the same flavors as bliss?  Is the cherry cordial flavor considered a meltaway flavor?  Is that the texture i should expect?

Posted: 27 February 2009 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-19

Yes, they’re like the Bliss.

Posted: 29 April 2009 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2009-02-24

On a Bliss note, i heard a rumor about Bliss coming out in bar form…Also I seem to be hearing a lot about Kit Kat, may favorite right next to Reeses PBCs.  Is hersheys “pushing” Kit Kat as they are with Reeses this year?  It really seems that inseated of expanding with new products hershey’s has gone back to the drawing board and is attempting to reinstill faith and loyalty in their core brands, why is this? Are they afraid of loosing their original loyal client base? Are they seeing brand loyalty issues?

Posted: 29 April 2009 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-19

I haven’t heard anything about a Kit Kat “push”. Bliss bars come out 6/5/09.  You’ll have to talk with someone in marketing about brand specifics and buying trends.

1 of 2