forgot password?

Poll
Which do you prefer: Chocolate bar or individual pieces?
Bars 17
Pieces 17
Can?t choose! Gotta have them both! 9
Total Votes: 43
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Which do you prefer: Chocolate bars or individual pieces (from boxed chocolates)
Posted: 02 July 2008 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-07-02

Although I like all kinds of chocolate, my own preference is for a bar of chocolate.  Easier portion control primarily, since with a box of chocolates, I usually end up telling myself “Oh just one more…” until the box is finished.  How about you?

Posted: 02 July 2008 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-02

I’m definitely a bar person…part of it is definitely that I prefer the flavors to be mixed in with the chocolate rather than a separate filling, I think.  Then again, I’m also a sucker for See’s so I guess I can go both ways.

Signature 

http://cupcakemuffin.blogspot.com

Posted: 02 July 2008 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-07-02

I’ve never really thought about it before, but I think I prefer pieces.  I think it has less to do with shape though and more to do with filling.  Pieces or boxed chocolates tend to have creative and yummy fillings - more so than most bars.

Posted: 02 July 2008 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2008-07-02

Bars, because I’ve never had a box of chocolate from which I truly enjoyed every piece. There are always ones you don’t like, and I tend to prefer simple classics anyway. Plain old dark chocolate, or milk with almonds, that sort of thing. I’d rather have one thing done perfectly than several things done anywhere from well to so-so.

Posted: 02 July 2008 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-07-02

I definitely like bars better. As another poster says, I usually don’t enjoy every flavor in the box, but a whole bar of something I know I enjoy is a real treat. It’s much more of a treat since becoming a parent because I have to sneak it and eat it when the kids aren’t looking!

Posted: 02 July 2008 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-07-02

I am also prefer the normal chocolate bar. It is so hard to find a box with individual pieces that you all like. But I like the celebration range from mars *lol*

Posted: 02 July 2008 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

Pieces to start when tasting new candy or wanting just a small taste or bite. Then jump to bars for more hunger and your favorites .

Posted: 02 July 2008 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-07-02

I’m going to have to say pieces of chocolate. I love bars, by all means. Maybe it’s the possible mystery that you get with a box of chocolates. Sure, after eating boxed chocolates for a few years or whatever it may be, you start to be able to recognize and guess what you might bite into(the caramels for instance i think are the easiest to point out). Sometimes, a box of chocolates forces me to be “adventures” and try a type of chocolate I might normally have tried. Even if I find it not the best choice for a piece of candy, I might find some combination that I never thought I’d like, and fall in love with it. Or I might be disgusted and it will make me appreciate my favorite type of chocolate even more grin

Posted: 02 July 2008 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-07-02

Both! Although, since it’s gotten warmer, I’ve really been enjoying the pouches of chocolate squares (Ghirardelli and Russell Stover seem to be the varieties at every supermarket here). There’s less break-apart mess, and they’re ideal if you just want a little taste of chocolate.

Posted: 04 July 2008 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-04

I like pieces - but only if I know what’s in them!  I would rather have a whole box (or bag) of one thing that I KNOW that I like - instead of a box of assorted “surprises”.

Posted: 13 July 2008 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

All about the bars.

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 13 July 2008 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-07-13

I tend to prefer pieces.  Nothing’s quite as exciting as opening a box of candy and trying to guess what’s in each piece.  Variety is the spice of life.  Plus it makes portion control easier since I’m compelled to finish any candy bar that I start.  With boxes I can always take one or two pieces and put it aside for later.