forgot password?

how do you make edible playdough?
Posted: 01 January 2009 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2008-12-26

it sounds good and when i saw it on t.v it looked cool and mabey instead of baking cake i can just mold one w/ playdough so if you know how to make it or have seen a store w/ it tell me wher, and how

Signature 

cool smile izzy cool smile

Posted: 07 January 2009 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

Are you thinking maybe marzipan or fondant? Even non-toxic playdough I wouldn’t want to see anyone eating a whole lot of….

If you google “edoble playdough” you’ll get a bunch of recipe hits.

Posted: 09 January 2009 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

When I was a kid, I once had something called peanut butter playdough at a restaurant in Disney World. It was sort of like an unbaked peanut butter cookie, and it came with things like chocolate chips, sprinkles and marshmallows to decorate it with. I loved that I could play with my food without getting in trouble. I just looked it up in google, and there are quite a few recipes for it. This one looks as good as any: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Playdough/Detail.aspx

Posted: 13 January 2009 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2008-12-26

thks but im allergic to pnuts
U

Signature 

cool smile izzy cool smile

Posted: 29 January 2009 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

Aww. Too bad. You could probably try substituting something like sunflower seed butter for the peanut butter in the recipe.

Yeah, if peanuts don’t work, I’d go with Seian’s recommendation of marzipan. Eating little marzipan figures sounds tastier than eating pure fondant. Here’s a recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sara-moulton/marzipan-recipe/index.html