forgot password?

Cadbury lovers beware
Posted: 10 October 2008 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-07-02

SInce the black milk scare happened news has come out that Cadbury chocolates uses the milk from that company/dairy where the black milk as produced/procesed. So I’d lay low and boycott Cadbury products for awhile if anyone is smart out there.

Posted: 19 October 2008 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-10-18

Peg1 - I looked all over the internet and this site to find out about ‘black milk’ but I couldn’t find a thing . . . I love Cadbury; I hate the thought of staying away from their bars!

Posted: 19 October 2008 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-02

I wouldn’t risk it though, the balck is mold not bacteria. Toxic mold is lethal!!!
Update I guess my link was wrong. These were two independent but not related events. Cadbury was getting milk from infected cows with mads cow but no [rodcuts from them were shipped to The US. For informantion go to http://www.tbo.com and enter cadbury chocolate boycott in the search bar. The info is there.

[ Edited: 19 October 2008 10:09 AM by Peg1]

Posted: 19 October 2008 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-10-18

Thanks much. I’m going to check it out right now!

Posted: 21 October 2008 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-09-29

Hi, Peg. I did a search for black milk and Cadbury and couldn’t find anything.

???

Signature 

Carl Weaver
CandyDishBlog.com

Posted: 21 October 2008 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-02

I said type in “cadbury chocolate boycott”. Try again!

Posted: 21 October 2008 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

I have found articles about boycotting them for using French sugar, for them closing the plant near Bristol and even stoners boycotting Cadbury because of a lawsuit stemming from in which the company tried to protect its brand names and trademarks.

Can you provide a link to the issue you raised? I can’t find it.

However, if you search for a boycott and any large company’s name you are bound to find something. Some of it can be quite interesting to see what people are passionate about

I’d really like to read about this issue you raised, though.

Signature 

Carl Weaver
CandyDishBlog.com

Posted: 21 October 2008 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-02

go here
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-world/20080929/AS.China.Tainted.Milk/

Posted: 22 October 2008 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

Gotcha - I had not heard of the melamine-tainted milk be referred to as black mile before this.

The problem is not Cadbury. The problem is that some Chinese milk producers were fortifying their milk with something toxic. If Cadbury had known, they would not have used the tainted milk. They know they have to keep their reputation intact in order to sell anything.

That milk was used for all sorts of stuff. At this point, I would not consume any product made in China containing milk. Am I paranoid about it? Perhaps. But we can get alternatives here in North America and in Europe that are made closer to home with ingredients we know are safe. None of those Cadbury chocolates that had melamine in them were distributed to North America or Europe and they were recalled.

Don’t boycott Cadbury. They actually acted responsibly. Last I heard, the Chinese government was prosecuting those involved in the deliberate tainting of the milk.

Signature 

Carl Weaver
CandyDishBlog.com

Posted: 22 October 2008 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-02

Murphys Law actually runs 100% in this house so I am not taking any chances.  I have to forego my Cadbury Mini Eggs at Easter!!! China is doing just milk tainting. They were alot of consumer products besides food being recalled. It started with the toxic red paint on toys remember. I wouldn’t put it past them to try stuff like this to get us.Oh well, that’s it from me on the topic.

Posted: 22 October 2008 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

To get us? You mean an attack on Americans by the Chinese? Things like lead paint and toxic chemicals are rather standard corner-cutting measures in some Chinese manufacturing, but they don’t need to do such things to “get us.” China’s workforce is about 1.5 times larger than our entire population. They don’t need to attack us when they can outwork us for lower pay!

Truth be told, American manufacturers typically make products that are inferior to what they could be. I’m not talking food here - that’s very tightly regulated. I worked with a guy who was an engineer for GE and had developed a way to double the life expectancy of a refrigerator by making a simple $5 change. It was a no-go because that $5 per unit times 10,000,000 units is a lot of money, especially when it meant that they would get one sale instead of two.

Cost and payoff are relevant in every culture. I think regulation is the big difference.

I recommend eating lots of the Cadbury eggs, especially the “creme” eggs, but that’s just how I roll. But if you feel better going with a different brand, that’s cool. Just don’t deny yourself the experience!

Signature 

Carl Weaver
CandyDishBlog.com

Posted: 22 October 2008 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-02

To me there is nothing better than the mini eggs at Easter!!!Palmer products suck big time. Merkins chocolate is losing quality in their product too.

Posted: 22 October 2008 06:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

Yeah - real chocolate is hard to beat. Sure, those hollow chocolate-like bunnies at Easter are shiny and pretty and survive a long time in a warehouse, but they are no substitute for real chocolate. Chocolate candy has its place but not in bunnies!

Signature 

Carl Weaver
CandyDishBlog.com