forgot password?

1 of 2
Mr. Goodbar Replacement?
Posted: 27 September 2008 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-07-02

I’m a foodie - I can admit it.  :D And so it seems I have caused my daughter to be a foodie at the tender age of 10.  She actually teared up when I told her about the Mr. Goodbar’s demise to the mockolate-dark side.  It’s her favorite candy bar, poor girl.  Now I am trying to find a replacement and guess what?  So far - no luck!  Peanuts seems to be passe with all the REAL chocolate companies.  Ritter Sport has a new milk chocolate bar with whole peanuts, but I don’t think it will be the same texture/flavor experience being whole nuts and a much thicker bar. 

Has anyone seen a replacement for Mr. Goodbar - chopped peanuts in milk chocolate?  If you have - I will be forever grateful for you pointing me in the right direction!

Posted: 27 September 2008 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-09-09

Hard to say. There are alot of ‘peanuts in chocolate’ candies. Personally Peanut Clusters are my fav. You know, the ones you can get for Brach’s? Those are specktackular! But of course, it isn’t a bar.

I hope you and your daughter find what you’re looking for. :D

Signature 

—==Yes Chef!==—

Posted: 07 October 2008 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-08-14

yup, I tried a new product by Hershey’s yesterday. (at least, it’s the first time i’ve seen it and anyone I know has seen it)

It’s called “Hershey’s Chocolate Bar with Peanuts”. No lie. It’s sold in the same wrapping style/format as their milk chocolate bar and milk chocolate w/ almonds. It’s even got cocoa butter listed within the first 3 ingredients, and no palm oil!

I am on strike of Hershey’s products, but I broke it to buy this to try it solely for your plight. it’s a chocolate hershey bar with chopped peanuts in it. i don’t feel it’s as good as Mr. Goodbar, it was overly too sweet. I rememebr Mr. Goodbar as being very roasted sand slightly salty and just barely sweet, while this made my throat burn and teeth ache it was so sweet.

I suppose it’s worth giving it a try though. I’d like to know where you found the ritter bars with peanuts. :3

Signature 

...The snowman is watching you!

Posted: 07 October 2008 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2008-07-11

where did you buy that ?

Posted: 08 October 2008 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

at my store where i work. I don’t know where the new owner bought the candy to stock the shelf, I will have to ask her. I’m assuming either walmart or sam’s club though, since that’s where we normally get our candy from.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2008 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Thank you for breaking your boycott for me!  That was so nice!  What I don’t get is why Hershey would even make a separately named bar with real chocolate rather than just keep the known brand up to par?  It’s almost like they are selling short anything that doesn’t have the word “Hershey” in the title. 

Hershey Bar with Peanuts - real chocolate
Mr. Goodbar - mockolate

What’s next?

Hershey Bar with Crisped Rice - real
Krackel - mockolate

Weird.  Oh and by the way, the link below is where I found the Ritter Sport with Peanuts.  I have ordered from this site several times with great results!

http://www.malincho.com/p-3765-ritter-sport-voll-erdnuss-whole-peanuts.aspx

Posted: 08 October 2008 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

I checked with my boss and they said they found the hershey peanuts bar at our local walmart. I also a photo for you in case you want to go find it. Sadly my image of the back came out too blurry to see the ingredients list.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/sapphirehawk/IMG_0631.jpg

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2008 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Weird!  I think it’s so odd that they even make this bar! 

But thanks again for the tip and the pic and information - you rock!  We’ll have to make a trip to Wally World next time we’re in town.

Posted: 17 October 2008 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

yanno, if you can’t find that hershey with peanuts bar, i’d be happy to send you one. could always swap a candy bar for a candy bar or something.

Signature 

Posted: 18 October 2008 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2008-07-11

do you happen to have one?

if so could you list the upc number?

I’d like to see if it’s something I can order at the grocery store I work in

Posted: 18 October 2008 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

i will have to check the UPC on one at work on monday, i didn’t keep the wrapper from it.

edit: here’s the UPC for the hershey’s bar. 03421309

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2008 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Thanks Yurei for all your imput and for offering to send me one!  We FOUND IT!  The Hershey’s Bar with Peanuts has arrived in New Hampshire!  My daughter is happy and says it tastes just like a Mr. Goodbar. 

I still think it is odd for them to de-value one of their own, only to release the SAME bar under a different label.  Weird.

Posted: 22 October 2008 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

it was always in NH all along wink I live and work in NH, specifically nashua-amherst area.

what about you?

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2008 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

How funny!  :D We live just west of Concord and my husband works in Nashua!  Howdy neighbor!

Posted: 23 October 2008 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-14

howdy! our goodbar impostors came from the amherst, nh super walmart, in case you desire to find more.

edit: do you happen to know good locations to find ritter sport? walmart has a very small selection down here, target is a bit better, and trader joe’s in tewksbury has barely any.

Signature 

Posted: 24 October 2008 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Target is the best place to go for Ritter Sport.  Shaws has a few varieties, but only about 1/4 or a 1/3 of Target’s selection.  The website I posted up there in this thread has a bunch - I’m going to order the box of Ritter Sport Cubes some day.  :D

1 of 2

‹‹ Halloween Candy Spotting      Chupa Chups ››