forgot password?

fudge!
Posted: 23 September 2008 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-08-14

Do you like it, and if so how do you like it? What flavors, and doyou like it really sweet or not?

I like my fudge “mildly sweet”. Most people look at me strange when I say this, because most people I think assume all fudge is this horrid, mouth burningly sweet stuff. And while yes, the majority of recipes I have tried ARE very, very sweet, not all of them are. My mom modifies her batches of fudge with a lot less sugar than the recipe calls for.

My grandmother bought me a little piece of fudge she got while she was up in Maine at a Cabella’s- a pumpkin spice flavor. It was fantastic, and barely sweet at all! Problem is, the flavor seems to be fading the longer it sits. -_-;

The Brick Store upstate in NH where I live also makes milder fudge, and they have some really good flavors and deals. Last summer it was by a pound get a 1/4 pound free or something. So I got a mix of my usual favorites- maple walnut and chocolate walnut and picked out a new flavor to try for the free quarter- some sort of praline cheesecake thing that was really good.

I like maple walnut penuche best of all, though half the time when I buy it i’d swear it’s just regular old fudge that they fudged the name on to get you to buy more. (haha, bad pun I know)

Signature 

...The snowman is watching you!

Posted: 26 September 2008 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

I do enjoy some fudges, but like you, I’m picky that it not be to sweet. I’ll usually pick up one that’s heavy on nuts like maple-walnut fudge which helps, but every time I’ve tried anything else, it’s like biting into a block of sugar. Ew.

Posted: 28 September 2008 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-07-07

my favorite is rich dark chocolate fudge with marshmallow fluff in it.

Posted: 29 September 2008 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-07-02

I looooove fudge!  Actually, I enjoy making my own, it’s just as good as the kinds you find at the beach (although everything tastes better at the beach, lol!).  There is an awesome recipe at http://www.verybestbaking.com that I use, and it’s fairly easy.  A little bit of searching, you can find recipes for every known fudge out there. 

I like vanilla fudge, and chocolate marshmallow as well.