forgot password?

Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars-Anyone else find these?
Posted: 30 August 2008 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-07-05

I found these at Wal-mart yesterday. This is the first time I’ve ever seen them and I was wondering if they’re brand new or if they had been out awhile and we are just the last to get them. I haven’t seen them anywhere on the net either.

Image Attachments
reese's-candy.gif
 Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2008 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-07-01

I haven’t heard/seen of them, but I’ll be sure to keep my eyes peeled now!

Maybe a trip to Wal-Mart is in order… wink

Signature 

thecandyenthusiast.com

Posted: 30 August 2008 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-07-05

Okay, now I’m really anxious to find out about these. I spent a good hour and 1/2 yesterday surfing the net’ looking for these. And I mean I searched EVERYWHERE!!! I could not find hind nor hair of even a mention of these. They are definitely from Reese’s though. The peanut butter is the slightly grainy not too sweet peanut butter that are in the cups. It taste exactly like a cup just in bar form. I love it! Right now Reese’s products are my favorite, except that on those really lazy days when I’m really relaxing, I think it’s kind of a pain to unwrap to cups just to get to what amounts to about 4 bites. (These are REALLY lazy days!  cool smile Plus I didn’t like dealing with the trash. With this bar, you open it, take as many bites as you want, and you’ve only had to go through the unwrap process once.

This bar is definitely too big to eat in one sitting. I have the rest stored in a ziploc baggie just waiting for my return. I’m almost afraid to finish it though, because I’m wondering why isn’t there any information about it. What if I stumbled into a temporary alternate universe in that Wal-Mart aisle and instead of cups there, they make bars? Then I wouldn’t be able to get another one! Oh curses on myself for not at least grabbing two.

If anyone else out there has seen these or knows anything at all about them, please let me know!

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2008 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2008-07-11

hah I am the moron who started the other thread about these very same things

There were a bunch at the Wal-greens around here on sale for a dollar
worth checking it out

Wal-greens seems to have a lot of candy first or some candies I haven’t seen anywhere else but there

Posted: 06 September 2008 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

I found them at Walgreen’s today too (on sale for a buck).

I can’t figure out how they’re different from the Hershey’s Peanut Butter Filled bar that I’ve had before.

I bought one to find out!

Basically it’s a huge bar, I think five ounces with a filling of peanut butter. I’m guessing it will be a creamy peanut butter, not the crumbly kind from the cups.

I’ll try to photograph them and get them up on Candy Blog next week.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 19 September 2008 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2008-09-19

They are a fairly new product and are slowly entering the stores. Here in the Southeast they will be added to the extra large bars racks in Food Lion grocery stores as they sell out the remaining Cacao Select. They will also be adding the Cookies and Creme XL bars to the rack too.