forgot password?

Candy That’s Gotten Worse
Posted: 22 August 2008 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

After my recent experiences with Hershey’s replacing their chocolate with mockolate in some of their products it got me to thinking:

What are some candies you’ve been eating for years that you think have gotten worse over the years.

I think the Nestle Crunch bar was better when I was a kid.

5th Avenue used to have almonds on top.

Heath Bars used to actually be two little bars instead of one long one.

Chunky bars had a version with pecans in it.

LifeSavers came in an all tangerine roll.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 22 August 2008 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-07-09

My favorite bar as a kid was Cadbury Malted Milk bars. They had a wonderful, malty, milkshake flavor to the nougat. Now they just taste like plain old 3 Musketeers.

I have a feeling starting in October these lists will be getting longer now than Mars has announced that they’ll follow Hershey’s lead and increase prices 12% and change their ingredient lists and serving sizes in the name of saving money downer We’ll be seeing a lot more mockolate and things like nuts vanishing from our favorites.

Posted: 23 August 2008 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

I used to like tropical Skittles and tropical Starbursts, but they changed the flavors and I don’t like them at all anymore.

Posted: 23 August 2008 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2008-07-11

I don’t like the new flavors of life savers

the lime ones were my favorite

Posted: 09 September 2008 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-09-09

My Mom was very into the Hersheyettes that came in the Chirstmas Tubes every year. She would just buy them in huge bulk. But now I’ve heared that Hershey stopped producing Hersheyettes and began calling them Kissables. I’m not quite sure if that’s completely true, but I know my Mom was serverly dissapointed in the taste change in them.
Has anyone else noticed this change, or is my Mother just going crazy?

Signature 

—==Yes Chef!==—

Posted: 10 September 2008 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-08-14

I dunno, but the quality of all hershey’s product has gone down the crapper lately. I had an abhorrent My. Goodbar recently, sans chocolate and the almond joys don’t taste nearly as strong as they used to. It says cocoa butter in the ingredients, but then it also has palm oil right next to it on the list so I suspect it’s been highly diluted.

Signature 

...The snowman is watching you!