forgot password?

Ice Cream
Posted: 20 August 2008 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2008-07-02

Summer’s coming to an end, but there’s plenty of time left for ice cream before the cold weather starts. (Well, if you don’t live in some boring, season-less climate like that of California.) So let’s talk ice cream.

My ice cream drug is Ben and Jerry’s Chubby hubby. I’m all for smooth ice creams with no inclusions, but for a fun ice cream flavor, this is top.

More recently, I’ve been eating Trader Joe’s Mango Vanilla soy cream. It’s half mango sorbet, half vanilla soy ice cream. It’s practically perfect. Very refreshing, and a little bit healthier than premium ice creams.

And the most interesting ice cream I’ve tried recently is Turtle Mountain coconut milk ice cream. It’s wonderfully creamy and delicious. The sample I tried was vanilla, but I’d like to try their coconut flavor. I just need to find time to go to Whole Foods.

So what’re your absolute favorites?

Posted: 20 August 2008 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Junior Mint
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2008-07-11

I like chocolate/vanilla swirl soft serve covered in that chocolate stuff that hardens once it’s cold

or neapolitan (without the chunks of strawberry), I’ll put it in a bowl and mix it all together and eat it like that

I like Chocolate Chip Cookie dough from Ben and Jerry but I usually just eat the cookie dough pieces of it so I don’t think that really counts

Posted: 20 August 2008 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-07-02

Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey is my first choice, followed by any of the Godiva flavors, followed by more Ben and Jerry’s.

Posted: 21 August 2008 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-07-09

I’ve recently become a fan of Vosges Naga Ice cream that I found at Whole Foods. Custard ice cream, coconut and sweet Indian curry…tastes quite amazing and better than the exotic chocolate bar of the same name.

The Wattleseed ice cream isn’t half bad either.

If we’re talking something more widely available, I also love the new Haagen-Daaz honey bee ice cream and their Sticky Toffee Pudding ice cream.