forgot password?

can’t find a Scandinavian licorice
Posted: 13 August 2008 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-13

A year or two back, I tried a Scandinavian filled hard licorice that was delicious. Can’t remember what it was called. I think the name was something like “Pader Pulver”, having something to do with frogs maybe. It was a lot like Fazer’s Tyrkisk Peber (Turkish Peppers). I think it might have been from Fazer. It was a plastic bag of small hard black licorice frogs with a salty/sweet dry powder filling. Like a salt-licorice Zots. Very strong and salty. I asked the Scandinavian gift shop keeper I originally bought them from and she has no recollection.  Anyone else ever run across such a thing? I’ve googled everything I can think of but no luck. Thanks. -PAMF

Posted: 14 August 2008 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Bit o Honey
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2008-07-02

Have you tried checking out http://www.dutchsweets.com or http://www.licoriceinternational.com Even if they don’t carry it, they might be worth emailing. Dutch Sweets especially - I’ve bought from them before and they’ve got good service. Also they break down the categories on their licorice from sweet to very salty.

Posted: 17 August 2008 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-09-11

I agree, give a couple of candy stores a call or email them to see if they remember it. I know that just like in North America, there are a lot of candy companies in Europe that are merging, so it’s quite likely that that company got swallowed up and they changed the offerings.

Signature 

Open your mouth ... expand your mind.

Posted: 22 September 2008 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-09-22

I registered just to post a reply here, as I have been also searching quite fruitlessly for the frog-shaped hard salty licorice candies described here.  I’ve tried them once or twice by chance, and can’t find them ANYWHERE, and they don’t even make salty licorice here in the US. 

I’m looking for an online source, and I’d really like to find the actual FROG candies, not a similar product.  I thought they were called Pulver Paddles but it may have been Pulver Padal…not sure, but many many online searches have resulted in nothing but this one forum thread. I checked the two websites linked to already above and they do not carry them either :(

Signature 

hHigh Quality Hand-Dipped Charcoal Incense in Over 95+ Fragrances!

Advertise your Website or URL in Over 1000 Places For FREE

Posted: 17 October 2008 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Pixy Stix
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-10-15

Hi!!!!

Is it Salta Grodor: Hard salty licorice candy, shaped as frogs. 

You can buy from:
http://www.northerner.com/html/mat-gd_3.html

Is this an aquired taste? Too much for me!!  gulp

Image Attachments
konfekta-saltagrodor.jpg

‹‹ Mentos Grapefruit (Japan)      After Eights?? ››