Monday, January 1, 2007
In the previous 365 days:
● 437 posts (wow, that sounds like a lot of candy)
So what were my favorite things from this year?
● Pink Grapefruit Mentos - the most beautiful and tasty Mentos ever, don’t waste them on any soda fountains
I also had some amazing experiences, ones I probably wouldn’t have had if not for Candy Blog:
It wasn’t all happiness:
● One of my favorite candies of all time was discontinued: Reed’s Cinnamon, Butter Rum & Root Beer rolls
I got you talking, too:
● Beware of internet stores that take your money and don’t send you candy
● I tried some of the best chocolatiers in New York City and explored some other candy shops as well
If 2005 was the year I was on the radio, 2006 has to be the year of multi-media coverage:
● I was interviewed for The New York Times Magazine
Of course things weren’t just happening here on Candy Blog ... here’s a round up of other candy news from my fellow sweet bloggers:
SugarHog reviewed just about every Hershey’s Kiss on the market ... David Lebovitz had a sweet year and took us behind the scenes of some great chocolatiers and confectioners ... CandyAddict added new writers, making it a group blog ... SugarSavvy.net transitioned leadership and added writers as well ... The Girl Who Ate Everything sampled Max Brenner ... If I were to start making candy again, this is what I’m gonna make: Cocoa Nib Caramel & Almond Butter Nougat Bars from Habeas Brulee ... William at Chocolate Obsession drank a lot of hot chocolate ... Slashfood seems to spend as much time talking about candy as I do ... and the latest breaking news about Noka in Dallas ... finally, you can keep up on everything in one place with Candy.Digesty.com
Meticulously photographed and documented reviews of candy from around the world. And the occasional other sweet adventures. Open your mouth, expand your mind.